Central Region Water Board, in response to TIGWIRANE MANJA call by the State President to assist Cyclone Freddy survivors, donated assorted relief items to Department of Disaster Management Affairs (DODMA on 30th March, 2023.
The ceremony was held the Department’s Head Office in Lilongwe.
The Board’s Chairman, Mr. Eddison Mombera, made the donation on behalf of Directors, Management and Staff of Central Region Water Board. The under Secretary in the Department, Mr. Christopher Herbert, received the donation on behalf of the Department.
The assorted relief item, costing slightly over seven million included the following items
1. 225 blankets
2. 15 rolls of plastic sheets (120 micron)
3. 32 bags of maize floor (25 kgs each)
4. 10 bales of brown sugar
5. 70 bottles of cooking oil (2 litres each)
6. 40 cartons of U-Fresh laundry soup
7. 20 cartons of Butex bathing soap
8. 896 packets Purity Sanitary pads
9. 680 rolls of toilet paper